Hi, its been a little while since the last update, for which I apologize, but I'll try and make up for it here with the announcement of some great events and shopping opportunities in the run-up to the holidays.
The Re:view Contemporary Gallery will be hosting RE:collect 2010, an invitational group show opening December 4th, in which kem3D will have two brand new pieces
This year’s works observe a size limit of 16” x 16” x 16” and include painting, sculpture, and mixed media. Participating artists include Adam Shirley, Andy Kem, Asha Vida, Brad Richards, Cal Navin, Cedric Tai, Chris Lujan, Coley McLean, Dennis Hayes IV, Dolores Slowinski, Donn Angel Perez, Emily Duke, Gilda Snowden, Ian Swanson, Jaclyn Schanes, Lisa Rigstad, Mark Dancey, Marcia Freedman, Megan Heeres, Robert Sestok, Simone DeSousa, and Susan Amstutz.
This event happens in connection with Midtown's "Noel Night".
Also, Re:view contemporary will be just one of many Detroit retailers and service providers to have a temporary holiday store in the Compuware building every Friday until the end of December. So there will be one more place, on top of Re:view's main gallery location to view and/or purchase work.
other businesses represented include:
- Bureau of Urban Living, a Midtown boutique that sells modern accessories for home and office;
- Wheelhouse Detroit, Bicycle shop and rental on the Detroit Riverwalk selling bicycles and accessories
- City Bird‘s well-curated handmade items
- High-end urban wear from Rags
- Stylish tees and hats from DSE @ Grand
- Locally designed menswear from Wound
- Independent book purveyor Leopold’s
Finally, the show "Alternative Designs: Contemporary Furniture", a group show of Michigan-based furniture designers at the Midland Center for the Arts will be up through December